Business Regrets ………
We’ve all heard the phrase, “No Regrets!”
usually mentioned right about the time someone is about to do something a little stupid.
In my younger days, I said it more times than I can recall, and as I get older, some of the aches and pains are a direct result of something I did back then.
I Have No Regrets – Especially Business Regrets – right or wrong, smart or stupid, I learned something from every one of them and the knowledge I have today is a direct result of my actions in the past ….. (as well as many of the aches and pains from getting older! LOL)
- We regret not telling someone we loved them more before they died.
- We regret not spending our time more wisely, accomplishing more.
- We regret procrastinating, not forming better habits, eating too many sweets.
- We regret getting into bad relationships, or making mistakes in a past relationship.
- We regret not living life to the fullest
- We regret not taking control of our lives and buying or starting our own business.
I was told by a mentor of mine that the last words JP Getty uttered when on his death bed was
“I wish I spent more time on the beach”
Pretty powerful words from one of the richest and most powerful men in the world at the time. Wouldn’t you agree?
Don’t You Think it have been better if JP Getty uttered theses words? “Thank you God, it has been one heck of a ride”
Why We Have Regret
Simply put, we regret choices we make, because we think and believe we should have made other choices
- We think we should have done something better, but didn’t.
- We should have chosen a better mate, but didn’t.
- We should have taken that more exciting but risky job, but didn’t.
- We should have been more disciplined, but weren’t.
- We should have invested in that piece of real estate but didn’t
- We should have invested in that business and didn’t
We regret these choices, which are in the past and can’t be changed, because we compare them to an ideal path that we think we should have taken. We have an idea in our heads of what could have been, if only a different choice had been made.
It’s NEVER TOO LATE to Change Yesterdays Regrets Into Todays Opportunities!
- Are you in a lousy relationship? Get out of it.
- Are you bored in that dead end job? Then do something about it and find another or buy a business of your own.
- Discipline? You can change your discipline right this very minute – all you need to do is make the decision and do it.
- Do you still want to invest in Real Estate? What is holding you back? There is always a good investment opportunity out there – all you need to do is begin looking.
- Regret not starting your own business, it is never too late- and you can always buy an existing one and avoid the startup costs and risk.
You see, we cannot change the choices we made in the past, but we can certainly change the choices we make right this very minute and into the future.
The past is the past … let go of it.
The future is now, so grab hold of it.
Regrets are a part of life, whether we want them or not, whether we’re aware we’re having them or not.
Make a choice right this very minute and do something you always wanted to do – it will be choice you won’t regret.
You’re online and reading this post, and at one time or another, you were looking at buying a business.
Don’t let the dream of being a business owner become a regret.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this post, you’ve demonstrated that you have an interest in putting a few regrets behind you.
If this resonates with you and you can see yourself owning a business of your very own, click on the link below and begin searching.
Live Life With Less Regrets!
Business Regrets is copyrighted material – please do not copy without giving credit to source.
A Little Video of Sir Richard Branson about Business Regrets.