Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Help You Sell Your Business work?
Help You Sell Your Business Brokers and agents are fully licensed professionals, members of their local Board of Business Brokers and of the International Business Broker Association. We work with both Buyers and Sellers, and provide a full range of business brokerage services. Help You Sell Your Business differs from traditional business brokers, not in the scope of services provided, but in the dollar amount that you pay for those services.Our brokers charge a set fee for their services, as opposed to the traditional 10 to 12% percent commission, which, in turn, helps you to keep a much bigger part of your hard earned money, while receiving all the specialized and professional business broker services you expect. Streamlined business practices and a focus on marketing businesses rather than marketing themselves allows our brokers to spend their time working with buyers and sellers, as opposed to traditional business brokers who spend a majority of their time managing offices and recruiting new agents.
- How does fee for service work?
We believe that the traditional 10%-12% percent commission is an outdated practice and has no correlation to the cost of performing a business transaction. Our goal is to provide a fair price for the cost of services rendered, much like any other professional service that consumers would pay for. Since the cost of doing business varies throughout the country, the set-fee offered for our services also varies, depending on the market. What doesn’t change is the scope of services we provide. We perform all the same services as traditional business brokerage companies, and, often times, more. Please contact your local office to find out more about the set fee in your market.
- Do you also represent buyers?
Yes. Help You Sell Your Business is a full-service business brokerage organization representing both buyers and sellers. We can help a buyer purchase any business for sale in the market, not just Help You Sell Your Business listings. We take the time to learn what our buyers are looking for and represent their best interests throughout the business purchase process. Search thousands of listings nationwide.
- Why does Help You Sell Your Business work?
It’s simple. We are consumer-concentric. Sellers appreciate the fact that our Brokers spend their time marketing their businesses instead of marketing themselves and recruiting agents. Our Buyers appreciate the fact that we are experts in their field, and that our our websites and proprietary search algorithms contains all of the business listings, and, in many cases, more. Our unique marketing strategies drive an unprecedented amount of traffic to our website and offices, which results in many buyers for our listings and many new listings. Additionally, our streamlined operations and cost efficiencies translate into low overhead and savings that we pass along to consumers with our low set fee.
- Are Help You Sell Your Business agents licensed?
Yes. All Help-U-Sell Your Business offices, Brokers, and Agents are licensed, members of their local business MLS boards and members of the IBBA.
- What advantages does Help You Sell Your Business offer as compared to a traditional Business Broker?
Help You Sell Your Business offers several advantages over traditional business brokerage companies:
- Set-Fee. You know upfront exactly how much it is going to cost to sell your business and how much equity you will retain.
- More Equity. In most cases, our set fee is significantly lower than any other traditional business brokerage company would charge in their commission. This means that you retain more of your hard earned equity.
- More Technology. Help-U-Sell Your Business’s proprietary technology allows you to obtain up-to-date information about your business sale quicker and more efficiently than a traditional listing agent. In fact, with our technology, you can be anywhere in the world and learn about the latest activity on your business.
- More Experience. The average agent has never owned a business of their own, and typically handles less than 3 transactions a year. It is a pre-requisite of ours that every Broker in our office has owned at least one business in their career. Both of which a means more in-depth market knowledge, more experience solving problems and more value for our buyers and sellers.
- I’ve heard that Help You Sell Your Business offers choices. What does this mean?
Since all Help-U-Sell Your Business Offices are independently owned and operated, and all have vastly different market conditions, the choices available to our clients may differ. However, for those clients who choose to be an active participant in the transaction many our brokers provide you with the opportunity to save even more money by showing your business yourself and conducting your own buyer interviews. Or, you may also have the option of placing your business on the multiple internet business listing sites and MLS. Again, these choices are optional and vary by office.
REGARDLESS of which way you choose,
we are your First Step in guarding your business Confidentiality!
- How can Help You Sell Your Business charge such low fees for its services?
Years of experience have allowed us to refine the business selling and business buying process. Rather than mega offices, our business model has streamlined operations with low overhead and a small team of specialized experts. Instead of recruiting and managing agents, we focus on promoting our clients’ business listings and Help-U-Sell Your Business unique business model. Not only does this result in cost economies but it also allows us to charge a fee directly related to the services provided. We pride ourselves on being extremely consumer-centric and believe that the traditional business brokerage commission model, with no correlation between the services rendered and the cost of those services, is outdated, unnecessary, and archaic.
- Since your fees are lower, does that mean you hire inexperienced agents and pay them less?
Actually, almost all of our agents are seasoned agents, and many have also owned one or more business of their own during their career. Statistics show that our business listings consistently beat the national average in terms of number of days on market and list to sales price. In addition, our brokers and agents consistently conduct more transactions per year than the average business broker agent.
- If your business model is so beneficial to clients and you alike, why aren’t other brokers doing it?
Help-U-Sell Your Business, with its innovative business model has been at the forefront of the revolution in business brokerage industry. But as in any industry, and particularly one as entrenched in one way of doing business as a business broker, change is slow. Although a number of Internet listing companies make promises about changing the way business brokerage is practiced, only Help-U-Sell your Business offers a management team comprised of some of the top names in the business.
- Are there any hidden fees that I don’t know about?
No. Help You Sell Your Business identifies all fees up front. The price you pay is based on a fee for professional services rendered – not on a percentage of the sales price of your business. And you get to choose what level of marketing you want to participate in.
- How do I list Business with Help You Sell Your Business?
Just contact your local Help-U-Sell Your Business.
- How should I price my Business?
We will provide you with a Competitive Market Analysis that will provide you with information regarding the price range of similar business sales in your area, in state sales, and nationwide as well so you get the most comprehensive information on current sale conditions so you can choose a price you feel is appropriate for your business.